I am a Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and an active member of Dietitians of Canada. After completing her B.Sc. in Dietetics at McGill University, I moved to Vancouver and completed an M.Sc. in Experimental Medicine with a focus in Exercise Physiology & Nutrition at the University of British Columbia (UBC). I am also a Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP).
I currently work at Fortius Sport & Health in Burnaby, BC as a Sport Dietitian, and collaborate with gastroenterologists in Vancouver as a dietitian specializing in digestive health conditions.
Certificates and Qualifications
- Master of Science in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition (University of British Columbia)
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics and Human Nutrition (McGill University)
- Diploma in Sports Nutrition (International Olympic Committee)
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (Commission on Dietetic Registration)
- Body Composition – ISAK Certified Level 1 Anthropometrist (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry)
- Registered Dietitian (College of Dietitians of Ontario and College of Dietitians of British Columbia)
- Motivational Interviewing for Nutrition Professionals (Molly Kellogg)
More about Ashley is below…
Fortius Sport & Health
I am the Registered Dietitian at Fortius Sport & Health, an athlete development centre that brings an integrated and multi-disciplinary team of sport & exercise medicine, science and training leaders to give you the very best in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research.
I am registered with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia. This registration holds me to a certain standard of practice, ensuring your health and nutrition-related goals are of top priority and supported by scientific evidence. Many extended health plans now provide coverage for registered dietitians.
Certified Exercise Physiologist
I am a Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP). As stated on their website, CSEP is the “principal body for physical activity, health and fitness research and personal training in Canada”. Click here to learn more about the role of a CSEP-CEP.
- B.Sc. in Nutritional Sciences (Major in Dietitics)
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- M.Sc. in Experimental Medicine (Exercise Physiology)
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Dietitians of Canada Member
Members of Dietitians of Canada stay up-to-date with the latest changes in the field of dietetics. Members also benefit from an increased knowledge base to draw upon.
I was formerly a consulting dietitian for the Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Through nutrition seminars, grocery shopping tours, educational cooking classes, and individual counseling, I helped ensure the athletes were fueling their bodies properly during training and games.
University of British Columbia
I was a sessional instructor of a 4th-year kinesiology course on Sports Nutrition at UBC.
Actions Schools! BC
Actions Schools! BC is a best practices model designed to assist schools in creating individualized action plans to promote healthy living. I was formerly the Healthy Eating Specialist on the Action Schools! Support Team, and an Action Schools! BC Regional Trainer where I delivered workshops to elementary school teachers providing them with resources and ideas on how to educate their students about healthy eating.
In association with SportMedBC, I have led many sports nutrition talks to all Vancouver Sun Run leaders and many run clinics around Vancouver and Burnaby.
BC Dairy Association
I was the spokesperson for the Powered By Chocolate Milk Campaign – an initiative by the BC Dairy Association that is aimed at raising awareness of the benefits of drinking chocolate milk as a recovery beverage for athletes.